You: The customer, hiring Cube Squared Technologies Ltd to provide products or services
We/Us: Cube Squared Technologies Ltd (occasionally referred to herein as Cube Squared).
We are website designers, not content writers. As no-one knows your industry or business like you do, we request that website text content be provided by you. If this is not possible, we will provide simple, base level content to the best of our knowledge but will not be able to accept any responsibility for the accuracy or legality of this content. All site content, whether provided by you or by us, will be reviewed by us and optimised for seach engines (SEO).
You will always be offered the opportunity to review a website on a test domain before it goes live and payment is requested. We expect the site's content to be reviewed at this stage; agreeing to set a website live will be taken as confirmation that you are happy with the website's content and accept any responsibility for it.
- Design Copyright / Transferring web site design
We exercise our copyright over every website we design and build. In the event that you wish to host your website elsewhere, please contact us to negotiate this. In general...
You may host your Cube Squared elsewhere if:
- You have notified us of your desire to move your website to a different hosting provider.
- You have either paid for your website in full at time of purchase, have completed the term of your payment plan (subscription) for your website, or otherwise negotiated and paid an ownership fee with us (this will usually be the remaining balance of your payment plan).
- You continue to show the relevant copyright notice in the footer of your website, linked through to Cube Squared Technologies Ltd's own website, for the full lifetime of the website.
You may not host your website elsewhere if:
- We have not been notified of the attempt to move the website.
- If any agreed-upon fees remain unpaid (e.g. if you are only a handful of months into a year-long subscription period or payment plan).
- If our copyright notice is not shown in the footer of the website, unless we have explicitly agreed for it to be amended or removed.
- Content on the website is amended, or the website is otherwise employed directly against the interests of Cube Squared Technologies Ltd. Examples include:
- Using the website as a platform to post negative content about us. If you feel the need to post such content about us on the internet we can't stop you, but please don't use our website design to do it.
- Repurposing the website's content to advertise another web design company in the United Kingdom (or any other area in which we are active). If you wish to start such a company we offer you the best of luck (and even some advice if asked), but you should be capable of producing your own designs in this case.
- If you are in breach of any other contract or agreement with us.
If you do wish to move your website to a different hosting provider, please contact us. We will do our best to work with you to come to an agreement and will provide all required code and resources to you and / or your new hosting provider.
- Graphics & Photographs
We can provide your website with general-purpose, high quality graphics. In the event that we do provide such graphics, we do not provide you with the right to use them elsewhere (such as social media, company literature etc.) without explicit agreement. We will be licensed to use any such images on your website, but this license extends to us only.
You must possess the license (i.e. have bought, or created yourself) for any images you provide us for use on your website. We will accept any images sent in good faith, with the exception of images that are illegal under current UK law, that are obscene in nature, that are pornographic in nature, or that may provoke offense or outrage. We will advise you if we believe a provided image may not be appropriate for use on your website.
All photographs and graphics belong to someone. Ensure you have the license to use them.
- Advertising / Marketing
We reserve the right to showcase your website as an example of our work.
Legal & Financial:
- All invoices are issued electronically and are payable by either bank transfer or by credit / debit card, due within 30 days of issue. Failure to pay an invoice may result in the suspension of services. We will attempt to contact you prior to any such action. We reserve the right to charge interest / compensation on any overdue debt in accordance with UK statue law. You may also be held liable for any fees incurred in the collection of a debt (e.g. debt collection agency fees).
- We’ll carry out our work in accordance with good industry practice and at the standard expected from a suitably qualified person with relevant experience. That said, we can’t guarantee that our work will be error-free and so we can’t be liable to you or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages, even if you’ve advised us of them.
- Your liability to us will also be limited to the amount of fees payable under this contract and you won’t be liable to us or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages, even if we’ve advised you of them.
- If any provision of this contract shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this contract and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.